Sunday 30 June 2013

Did you just say cupcakes?

Hello my dears !

I'm back with another recipe (you'll notice that I've a sweet tooth).
When I was visiting my friend, Florence, in Montreal, she taught me how to make cupcakes and she shared her recipe with me.
Thanks to her, I'm able to make cute cupcakes. Would you want to do the same?

Let's begin !

You'll need :

-  1 2/3 cup flour (420g)
-  1 1/2 cup sugar (375g) (maybe 1 cup is enough)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (170g)
- 2 tsp (2 c.à c) baking powder
- a pinch of salt
-1/2 tsp (1/2 c.à c) baking soda
- 1/2 cup canola oil (125mL)
-1 1/2 cup water (375mL)

- 3 tbs (3 c.à s) flour
- 1/2 cup milk (125mL)
- 1/2 cup butter to room temperature (125g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125g)
- 1 tsp (1 c.à c) vanilla powder (or vanilla extract if you don't have powder)
- food coloring agent (it's up to you)

What you'll have to do :

Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Mix all the dry ingredients.
Then, you can add your oil, alterning with your water.

(I know you want to lick the spoon right now..)

Whip until you obtain a smooth mixture.


You can now put your preparation in tiny cupcakes mould (you'll fill between 12 and 15 of them) and let them in your oven, for about 25/27 minutes.


For you "buttercream" (it's not a real one), here are the instructions :

Cook your milk and your flour over medium heat until you get a pudding texture.
Let it cool at room temperature.
When it seems to be fine, whip the sugar with the butter for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the vanilla and mix your 2 preparations in a high speed.
(if you use food coloring agent, it's time to use it !)

When everything is cool, put your buttercream on your muffins (they're still muffins until nothing is on it, according to me, aha.)

(It's pretty, isn't it?)


D.E.V.O.U.R. Hmm, I'm sorry. Eat properly, like a princess.




If you enjoyed this recipe, I give you a little alternative :

Add some mixed Oreo in your cupcakes' preparation and a whole one in the bottom of every mould.
Concerning your buttercream, you can make one with cream cheese, or just add some others mixed Oreo in the same recipe I just gave you !





Do you like cupcakes? What's your favorite flavour?
Have you ever tried this recipe? I assure you, it's not that difficult.

Enjoy every bite of it, you'll have finished before you can say YUMMY !


(Florence does not have any website but you can find her on instagram ! Click here, and enjoy her feed.)

Ginger Potter.




1 comment:

  1. Je peux me permettre ? Tu as bien raison, tant que t'as pas mis le glaçage, ce sont des muffins ; en fait, "normalement" (mais après évidemment chacun fait à sa sauce !) les muffins c'est bien quand tu fais deux préparations, l'une mouillée, l'autre sèche, et que tu les mélanges à la fin ; les cupcakes, tu ne mélanges pas dans cet ordre-là. Voilà pour la leçon culinaire ;) Sinon, ils ont l'air trèèèès bons.

    ReplyDelete